Wednesday 8 May 2013


This company is called West Fraser. Lumber companies like this one are often said to be "destroyers of habitats". People shouldn't say anything about lumber companies if they don't know the good that they do.
All of the companies that we have listed so far all have one thing in common. They have all harmed the environment in some sort of way and because of that people tune out the good things that these companies do which I find really ignorant of them. When people take it as far as saying something against them without realizing their positive affects, that annoys me. I think that they are honestly just jealous of big corporations and even the position that the government has over them so they complain about things like taxes or the environment. I understand how taxes can seem unfair but they make society function. Without them, buildings would weaken, structures would crumble, medical help wouldn't be nearly as safe as it is now.... The same goes for these companies. Risks are apart of life. These companies take these risks and sometimes there are consequences. Without these risks, you wouldn't be able to get things that you might take for granted. I also realize that there are alternative ways for these companies but they aren't as efficient and they are very costly.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Michael,

    I think that your are looking at this from a different perspective.

    "people tune out the good things that these companies do which I find really ignorant of them. When people take it as far as saying something against them without realizing their positive affects, that annoys me. I think that they are honestly just jealous"

    But I have to remind you that these are just a few companies, there are other companies who just do a good this for cover and when you look inside all the real news starts to come out.

    You said people just tune out the good thing and look at the bad thongs but YOU ARE TUNING OUT THE BAD PEOPLE AND LOOKING AT THE GOOD GUYS.

    Now, You could say the same thing to me but I have a good reason. Most people in this world will do bad things and only few people are good.

    I think it would be good to post some of the bad companies and say "We should look at the good sides too."

    -Adeeb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adeeb,

      I know that these are just a few companies but we chose them because they were some of the biggest criticized. The other not as experienced companies can really damage the environment if they don't know how to do their profession properly. If they aren't as popular as these companies then they aren't making as much money as them, resulting in their eco footprint being smaller. When bigger companies have an accident that causes damage to the environment, then that becomes a bigger problem because of the scale of what they were doing.

      I am looking at both sides and to me, my side is more logical. I also do mention the bad people or companies, but this blog is mainly to state the fact that the higher up people or companies in our society are being perceived as monsters when they aren't.

      I don't think that most people in this world do bad things, but they do make mistakes, Whether or not they regret them or correct them, they are often criticized, which I think is unfair to those who progress to correcting their mistakes.

      What do you classify as a bad company? Inexperienced? Bad at what they do? Non reliable? All of these things come in time. How do you expect somebody to get better at what they do if they have no experience? You live, and learn.

      Delete